Grab the demo right through Steam! If you already have Steam running on your computer, just search for the Alarameth TD Demo from within the Steam client. Otherwise, you can visit
the demo page on Steam here:
Direct Link: Alarameth TD Demo on Steam
This is an older version of the demo (v1.0.5), but can be manually downloaded and installed if you have no other options. Note that it lacks
a number of improvements and bug fixes.
Download the demo with the links below:
Alarameth-TD-Demo_1.0.5_setup.exe (Windows Vista/7/8)
Mac OS X (64-bit)
Alarameth-TD-Demo-1.0.5.dmg (Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite)
Alarameth-TD-Demo_1.0.5_amd64.deb (DEB package: Ubuntu, Mint, Debian, etc)
alarameth-td-demo-1.0.5-a.x86_64.rpm (RPM package: Fedora, openSUSE, etc)
Alarameth-TD-Demo_1.0.5.tar.gz (gzipped, no installer, all distributions)
Note that if using Linux with an nVidia card using the open source "nouveau" driver, running the v1.0.5 demo is not recommended, as the
driver has a tendency to hard-crash the system when loading level 2. This issue has been addressed in the Steam demo (v1.0.7).
Installation is pretty straightforward on all platforms. Full installation instructions can be found at the bottom of this page if you'd like a hand.
Details: Downloadable Demo
The advantages to the downloadable demo are as follows:
- Download once, install, and play as much as you want.
- If the demo runs great on your computer, the full game should run just as well. If you're not sure how well your PC will handle the game, this demo is the way to go.
- Achievements you get while playing the demo will generally be carried over to the full game.
- Download the Windows demo installer.
- When the download finishes, run the installer, and follow the steps. It will ask you for the desired location and whether you want a desktop icon.
- If you used the default settings, you should be able to find the demo in Start->Programs->Alarameth TD Demo.
- If in the future you want to remove the demo, you can either do so via Add/Remove Programs, or use the uninstaller from the start menu.
Instructions (Mac OS X):
- Download the Mac OS X demo, and then open the resulting .dmg (disk image).
- Drag the Alarameth TD Demo.app icon to the Applications folder to install the game.
- You can now eject the disk image. You can run the Alarameth TD Demo.app at any time from your Applications folder.
- If in the future you want to remove the demo, simply drag the Alarameth TD Demo.app icon from your Applications folder to the trash.
Alarameth TD has been tested in a few of the most popular distros and desktop environments.
"Easy" DEB and RPM package installers are available, as
is a simple gzipped folder of the game. Use whatever method you are most comfortable with.
Alarameth™ and Alarameth TD™ are trademarks of Matt Gadient.
© Matt Gadient. All rights reserved.