Jishnu 1.0.8 released (bugfix)

For those who’ve been grabbing the Jishnu theme I put together a few months back (, I just put out a small bugfix/update that addresses an issue where if you use the fancy sidebar “social” buttons and have text that is longer than 1 line, you get text running into other text.

Because I don’t use the social buttons on my own site (probably why I missed the bug), this is what they looked like before:




…and this is what they look like now:



So 2 lines works now. 3 doesn’t, but let me know if your social button text is actually that long, and I’ll work out a fix for the image sprite making things look funky in that situation sooner rather than later.

Oh, and if you’re here and are wondering what the heck this “Jishnu” theme is all about, find the “Jishnu” menu in the top right (or click here) and start reading!

Or you can download v1.0.8 here:


  • After uploading and activating your new theme, I am locked out of my website admin panel backend.

    • Hi Gary. I’m not sure what would be causing it (yours is the first I’ve heard with that issue, and the theme’s used on a number of sites). My first thought would be that perhaps there’s a plugin that conflicts with the theme, but it’s only a shot in the dark.

      In any case, if you can’t get into the backend and are pretty certain it’s the theme causing the issue, if you delete the “jishnu” theme folder itself, WordPress should default to the default WordPress (Twenty Twelve) theme – if I remember correctly it’ll also give you a message upon login that it couldn’t find your selected theme and is reverting to the default. Doing a quick backup first would be a good idea just in case something goes really awry.

  • Lelle

    Seems like the Nextgen gallery plugin caused the same problem as Gary have. After removing the plugin it works

    • Lelle

      I was a bit quick to write I think. My problem was caused by plugin conflict between nextgen and another plugin. My apologies.

  • Lelle

    Damn it… No I still have the problem. Not a plugin conflict after all…

  • If anyone experiencing the issue can try disabling all their plugins to see if that resolves the issue, that might aid me in diagnosing the root cause.

    Otherwise, for anyone comfortable enabling the DEBUG mode (ideally not on a live site), and providing me with the error it (hopefully) spits out, that would help too.